Insects & Spiders Tube || CollectA
CollectA Mini Insects & Spiders Tube
This gorgeous set includes offers a variety of fascinating creatures in a crystal-clear box.The tube contains 12 insects and spiders including: Mexican Redknee Tarantula, Dragonfly, Praying Mantis, Bumble Bee, Stag Beetle, Scorpion, Small Tortoiseshell Butterfly, Black Widow Spider, Ladybird, Grasshopper, Rhino Beetle and Centipede.
- Mexican Redknee Tarantula
- Praying Mantis
- Bumble Bee
- Stag Beetle
- Small Tortoiseshell Butterfly
- Black Widow Spider
- Rhino Beetle
- Tube approx: 5.5 x 4 x 26.8cm (LWH)
- 12 figurines
- Figures approx: 6-9cm long.
- Suitable for ages 3+.
- Made from PVC, painted with non-toxic acrylic paints.
- Combine small world play with sensory play and use a natural sensory base such as dried lentils, split green peas, beans, coloured rice for the landscape.
- Press the insects into salt dough or terracotta air dry clay and dry them to use as fossils in children's play. These fossils can then be hidden in sand and then brushed by young biologists.
- match the insect or spider to the Sticks & Stones Education Minibeast Cards (coming soon!)
- use the insects for sorting and classification.
- Use the insects and spiders plus our cards to expand upon children's literacy and vocabulary
- Use the insect and spiders in a small world play scene using fabric pieces, natural materials such as branches, logs, stones, tree slices, pebbles.
- Pick a mini beast at random, and use the internet to research their identity, their habitats and their lives across the globe
- Set the mini beasts up in the small world, or even the garden and take photos which you can then you use to make your own stories. Print these and tell these stories to each other!
- Make an insect museum!
- Create an insect diorama.
Please note: Suitable for ages 3+. Made from PVC, painted with non-toxic acrylic paints.
CollectA 89A1106 Mini Insects & Spiders Tube, Released 2020.
CollectA is one of the world's largest toy figurine manufacturers.
CollectA’s mission is to build “a natural world in miniature" for collectors, young and old alike. CollectA has been producing their true to life miniature animals and dinosaurs for over 13 years. They are one of the largest makers of toy animal figurines worldwide.
All of their products have been individually handcrafted to the highest standards in design, sculpture, painting and most importantly, manufacture. All CollectA animals have been tested to ensure they meet the highest of safety standards.
CollectA is one of the world’s largest manufacturer of toy animal replicas and Sticks & Stones Education is proud to share this brand in Australia. This range of product which are of the highest quality in both sculpture and painting.
The CollectA figurines are used in role play for educational purposes and fosters an ever increasing awareness of endangered species, a consciousness of environmental protection and ultimately having a benefit for the animals they represent.
The CollectA collection includes: Dinosaurs and Pre-Historic Life, Wild Life, Farm Life, Horse Life, Woodlands, Sea Life, Dogs and Insects.
Why do we love CollectA at Sticks & Stones Education?
CollectA miniatures are so realistic and can can be used in open-ended and small world play. They bring nature an history to life for young children and nurture a love of nature.
They suit all settings from early learning services through to the home as well as schools and preschool settings. As each individual piece can be purchased, you can add to your collection over time and ebb and flow with children's interests.
Through their realistic figurines, CollectA fosters awareness of endangered species and the importance of our planet. We need to protect our planet and all its inhabitants.
CollectA are bringing new figurines and have over 560 products!