CollectA Mini Insects & Spiders Tube
This gorgeous set includes offers a variety of fascinating creatures in a crystal-clear box.The tube contains 12 insects and spiders including: Mexican Redknee Tarantula, Dragonfly, Praying Mantis, Bumble Bee, Stag Beetle, Scorpion, Small Tortoiseshell Butterfly, Black Widow Spider, Ladybird, Grasshopper, Rhino Beetle and Centipede.
- Mexican Redknee Tarantula
- Praying Mantis
- Bumble Bee
- Stag Beetle
- Small Tortoiseshell Butterfly
- Black Widow Spider
- Rhino Beetle
- Tube approx: 5.5 x 4 x 26.8cm (LWH)
- 12 figurines
- Figures approx: 6-9cm long.
- Suitable for ages 3+.
- Made from PVC, painted with non-toxic acrylic paints.
- Combine small world play with sensory play and use a natural sensory base such as dried lentils, split green peas, beans, coloured rice for the landscape.
- Press the insects into salt dough or terracotta air dry clay and dry them to use as fossils in children's play. These fossils can then be hidden in sand and then brushed by young biologists.
- match the insect or spider to the Sticks & Stones Education Minibeast Cards (coming soon!)
- use the insects for sorting and classification.
- Use the insects and spiders plus our cards to expand upon children's literacy and vocabulary
- Use the insect and spiders in a small world play scene using fabric pieces, natural materials such as branches, logs, stones, tree slices, pebbles.
- Pick a mini beast at random, and use the internet to research their identity, their habitats and their lives across the globe
- Set the mini beasts up in the small world, or even the garden and take photos which you can then you use to make your own stories. Print these and tell these stories to each other!
- Make an insect museum!
- Create an insect diorama.
Please note: Suitable for ages 3+. Made from PVC, painted with non-toxic acrylic paints.
CollectA 89A1106 Mini Insects & Spiders Tube, Released 2020.