Scratch Art - Leaves
These Scratch Leaves are a novel way to explore creative arts with a nature theme, exploring the environment and seasonal topics through interest based visual arts.
This lovely set includes six pre-cut leaf shapes which celebrates deciduous tree varieties.
To start using these Scratch Leaves simply scratch into the black coating using the included wooden tools to reveal the warm autumnal colours underneath.
FEATURES + SPECIFICATIONS:
- Set of 24 leaves
- 6 styles - 4 of each design
- Includes 24 wooden stratch tools
- Design Sizes – Approx 5cm x 16cm
- Made from 250gsm cardstock
Elements of Art:
Scratch Shapes provide the ideal way for students to explore and develop the elements of line, pattern and shape. Lines are varied, they can be straight, curved, close together, form shapes, and used to create patterns.
1. Vary the thickness and direction of lines to create depth in your design. It can create the illusion of emphasis and movement
2. Repeat and combine different lines to create patterns.
3. Combine line and shape to fill a background space.
4. Lines can be used to make shapes and type both geometric and organic.
5. Areas scratched out around and between shapes can be used to highlight positive and negative areas.
6 . A pattern is created when any mark or line is repeated. Patterns created from line and shapes can create the look of texture, such as scales on a reptile or pebbles on a pathway.
Scratch Shapes by Zart:
- These pre-cut Scratch shapes are the fun starting point for a piece of artwork!
- They can be used on their own – such as a decoration, hanging bauble, part of a mobile.
- They can be added to an individual work or a class display.
- Zart’s scratch range link well into seasonal crafts and themed projects.