Bilby || Bocchetta
This sweet plush bilby is a lifelike stuffed animal by Bocchetta.
Meet Benny the Bilby!
The Australian bilby is a quiet and shy nocturnal marsupial that is unique to Australia. It has a grey and white silky coat, long sensitive ears and a pink nose. It has thick claws and strong limbs that help them to dig rapidly in the desert soil. These beautiful creatures live for about 10 years. This plus bilby is very huggable and cuddly though.
These realistic plush Australian animals would make a great classroom mascot or class pet to teach children about the unique Australian flora and fauna as well as developing an awareness of endangered animals in our ecosystems.
Bilbies are also known as rabbit-bandicoot due to their very long ears. They are desert-dwelling marsupial omnivores and were actually two species, but the lesser bilby became extinct in the 1950s, the greater bilby survives but remains endangered.
Adopting the Bilby as Australia’s official Easter animal helps to spark public interest in native wildlife conservation & helps to keep conservation efforts moving forward. Join the campaign to raise awareness of the Bilby’s struggle for survival.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- This plus bilby measures 27cm/10.5″ in length not including the tail or 34cm/13″ including the tail and 19cm/7.5″ in height to the top of the ears.
- Excellent gift for the lover of Native Australian animals
- Hand cut, hand sewn and hand finished with a high level of quality and care taken to produce our items
- Made using the highest quality acrylic fur
- Machine washable using chemical/soap-free cleaning agent
- Non-toxic, Non Allergenic
- Suitable for ages 3+
- Shipping weight – 0.190 kg
Wipe the surface of your anima with a soft sponge using mild detergent. They can be machine washed with a gentle program using a natural soap a low temperature setting. Do not exceeding 30 degrees. Allow the animal to air dry, brush gently with soft brush and fur will return as new.
Perfect for ages 3 and up, supervision recommended for children under 3 years old